The Silver State
"In God We Trust"
Lyon Co., Nevada
State Historical Marker locations
The following information is from the book, "A Guidebook to Nevada's Historical Markers"!
Published by the State Printing Office of Nevada! (2nd edition, 2000)
The Historical Marker Program is a cooperative effort involving the State Historic Preservations Office, Silver State Industries of the Northern Nevada Correctional Center, which constructed many of the markers, the Nevada Historical Society, which reviews proposed Marker Texts and the Nevada Department of Transportation, which installs the markers. The Nevada State Legislature has been extremely supportive of this program. Recently the Commission on Tourism has provided funding for the program, and the Department of Transportation has also generously made funds available for markers along highways. State Printing reproduced the booklet.
The text on the markers can be found in a book by Dave Basso,
"Nevada Historical Marker Guidebook", which can be found in most book stores.
|7. Dayton, First Settlement in NV, US 50 at stoplight
61. Moundhouse, US 50, 6 miles east of the US 395 and US 50 in Carson City
74. Wellington, State Rt. 208 at Jct with State Rt. 338 Wellington, NV
85. Sutro, US 50 3 miles east of Dayton
113. Wabuska, US 395, Wabuska
127. Dayton Courthouse - High School, Main St. Dayton, NV, (this is actually on Pike Street in Dayton, someone made an error)
163. Dayton Chinatown, SE corner of Main St. at US 50
177. Desert Well Station. Near Stagecoach, NV. 8 mi. west of Silver Springs
185. McCone's Foundries, SR342, Silver City, NV
186. Union Hotel and Post Office, Main and Pike St., Dayton, NV
192. Bucklands Station, US 95A at the Carson River
199. Leslie Camel Barn, Pike St., Dayton, NV
200. Spafford's Hall, NW corner of Main St. and Cemetery Rd. Dayton
223. Devil's Gate, SR 342, between Silver City and Gold Hill. NV
233. Dayton Cemetery , Cemetery entrance at Main St. and Cemetery Rd.
255. Wilson Canyon, State Rt. 208, so. of Yerington at Wilson Canyon.
Robert V. Bremer
In keeping with our policy of providing free Information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or for presentation by other persons or organizations. Files may be printed or copied for Personal use only. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than stated above must obtain the written consent of the file contributor or copyright holder.
Return to Lyon Co. main site
You are the 3040 visitor to this page
This page was Last Modified Sunday, 31-Oct-2010 10:57:18 MDT
Copyright as per homepage for Lyon County, NV by: Bill Cook
Questions? Comments? Need Help?
Email me: William A. "Bill" Cook, Lyon County Coordinator