This Page is part of the Allegany County, New York GenWeb site.
Almond, New York
This cemetery is one of the oldest cemeteries in Allegany County and is located on the East side of State Highway No. 36, south end of Main Street in Almond Village.
Many stones are down.
SOURCE: DAR list, Unpublished Cemetery Records of New York State, Merwin Cemetery, transcribed by Hazel M. Shear, FHL 837,392.
- Elizabeth - wife of Alfred H. Armstrong, Dec 5, 1848, age 23y 2m 13d
- Adelbert - son of A.H. & E.W. Armstrong, died Apr 15, 1849, age 6m 25d
- Julia Ann - daughter of Joel J. & Pricilla Clark, died Mar 19, 1836, age 5m 21d
- A. - died Aug 19, 1841, age 81y 6m 9d
- Luke - son of A. Clark, died Oct 28, 1813, age 67y 9m
- Rebecca - wife of Aziel Dana, died Feb. 22, 1878, age 79y 3m 18d
- another, stone broken, nearly gone, died 1852?
- Esther R. - wife of Nathaniel Dike who died Oct. 11 ____, age 74
- In Memory of 2 sons of James & Phoebe Dike who died Apr 13, 1816
- In Memory of James ____ stone imbedded in tree trunk
- Sarah - wife of Luke Forbs, died Sep 11, 1831, age 51y
- Wm. - son of Lewis & Lucretia Green, died Apr 27, 1841, age 7y 21m
- B. Ellen - daughter of Lewis & Lucretia Green, died Mar 25, 1847, age 2y
- Elizabeth - In Memory of, who departed this life Feb 17, 1813, age 49
- Husband's gone, perhaps recently
- Samantha - daughter of Uriah & Pamela Haskin, died Mar 1, 1832 (?), age 6
- Sabina - daughter of Urah & Pamela Hasking, died Feb 28, 1832, age 1
- Elizabeth - widow of Daniel Hopkins and former Relict of Seth Trescott, died Jan 16, 1855, age 70y
- Albert - In Memory, son of William & Maria Hyde, died Aug 16, 1836, age 4m
- Andrew - In memory , son of William & Maria Hyde, died Jan 21, 1839, age 1y 4m 11d
- Charles R. - In Memory of, son of Ira & Elizabeth C. Johnson, died July 16, 1833, age 11y 14m 18d
- Double Maker - In Memory of Rufus who died Aug 18, 1825, age 90y
- Temperance - who died J__ 1823, in Her __
- Lemuel - died May 11, 1838, age 63
- Sarah - wife of Lemuel, died Jan 11, 1853, age 72
- ? Lawrence? - In Memory of Almond, son of Nathan & __, died 1823
- Clarinda M. - daughter of Daniel & Caroline Lynes, died Mar 16, 1832, age 17m
- L. H. L. - died Apr 25, 1826 ?
- Levi Seth - son of Levi H. & Orilla Mason, died 5 Mar 1846
- Sarah Elizabeth - daughter of Levi H. & Orilla Mason, died Apr 21, 1846, age 8y 8m 11d
- Maria Cressada - daughter of David & Samanthy ?, died May 23, 1833, age 2
- Charles H. - son of David & Sarah C.
- Sarah Luvina - In Memory of, daughter of Fred & A.H. Reed who died Nov 25, 1838, age 17m
- Rebecca - wife of L. W. Ross, died July 22, 1851, age 21y 9m
- Benjamin - died June 1, 1848, age 70
- Enos - died Aug 6, 1812, age 76y 4m
- Martin Van Buren - son of Levi & Jemima Stevens, born Feb 10, 1840, died 9y 8m 20d
- Asher C. - His brother, buried Feb 10, 1840, age 5
- Flavia Ann - died Nov 19, 1825, age 26y 6m 12d
- Simeon L. Lewellyn - son of Henr__ J. & Elizabeth Waggoner, died Aug 25, 1847, age 2y 11m 18d
- Waggoner ? died Jan __ 1817
- Otis Marked with field stone
- Dan - died Jan 11, 1822, age 64y 5m
- Rachel - wife of D. Warner, died June 2, 1847
Town of Almond
Allegany County, NY Genweb
Last updated on July 22, 2006
© copyright 1999, Vivian Karen Bush
This page is part of the Allegany County, New York GenWeb Site and is not affiliated with any other society or organization.