This Page is part of the Allegany County, New York GenWeb site.
Amity, Allegany, New York
This cemetery most commonly known as the Abbott Cemetery may have been known by other names, one of them being Hyde. &
It is located east of State Route 19 on southern edge of lot No. 2 in the town of Amity.
It is some distance from th eroad. Only two or three markers are visible from the road. A field road close to
Van Campen creek leads back to it. Absolutely no care is given to this cemetery in which Amity's pioneer settler, John T. Hyde
is buried. Several markers are so badly broken that they cannot be deciphered.
SOURCE: DAR list, Unpublished Cemetery Records of New York State, Abbott Cemetery, transcribed by Hazel M. Shear, FHL 837,392.
- Abbott, Almedia, daughter of H & H Abbott, d. March 19, 1883, age 1- -- --
- Abbott, Hiram, d. April 28, 1866, ae 55y 5m 21d
- Abbott, ____, d. Oct. 8, 1877, age 75y 10m 8d
- Abbott, Emmet S., b. May 8, 1826, d. June 2, 1850
- Abbott, Emmet S., (a second stone broken)
- Hyde, John T., d. July 10, 1848, age 81y -- --
- Hyde, Phebe P., d. Feb. 12, 1855, ae 79
- J T H, large footstone
- Manning, Nelson, d. April 28, 1871 (or 1841) in his 22nd year
- Pixley, John W., b. March 8, 1830, killed at Battle of Antietem, Sept. 23, 1862
- Pixley, Ethia, his wife, born May 20, 1831, d. Aug 27, 1878
- Several flat fieldstone markers, no itentification.
Town of Amity
Allegany Co., NY Genweb Table of Contents
Last updated on July 20, 2006
© copyright 1999, Vivian Karen Bush
This page is part of the Allegany County, New York GenWeb Site and is not affiliated with any other society or organization.