of the African Diaspora
PO Box 155
Buffalo, NY 14209
Meetings are held at the Merriweather Library
Jefferson & E. Utica Avenues, Buffalo, NY
on the second Saturdays from 11:00 - 1:00, except where noted.
On December 8, 2012, Linda Capers Wheeler will present
Creative Ways of Displaying Family Histories using photos and documents.
You, too, can make a keepsake book to share with your family.
Tentatively planned for January - Our computer workshop!
Previous programs have included:
* Collecting Biographies of Relatives and Sharing with Family Members by Linda Capers Wheeler & Laurie Gilbert
* Presentation by Lorraine Wardlaw
* Presentation by Deborah Abbott, Past-President of the African-American Genealogical Society of Cleveland, Ohio.
* Juneteenth in Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
* Storytelling and Family History with Sharon Holley.
* Using Ancestry.com
* Resources at the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society with Cynthia Van Ness.
* Ongoing collection of African American Funeral Programs
* Accessing genealogy webpages and creating a GENI account with Sonia Walker.
* Medical Family History with Mrs. Ina Chapman.