When you find this NY State License Plate "Logo" on a web page, clicking on it will take you back to the Main Page
- Fourth of July 2015 Fixed several broken links which were preventing access to some pages. Improved format and navigation on all the pages in the Town of Connewango.
- 06/24/2015 - Our new search engine gives me a report of all "off site" and broken links. Many of the links which it thinks are off site and does not index are sites that use the old rootsweb.com url. I have been in the process of going through the site and correcting those old links. While they do actually work (ancestry.com redirects them) the search engine doesn't index them and they wouldn't be included in any searches of the site. There are a LOT of them that were coded that way prior to 2004 when we went to "relative" addresses. So...while it may not seem like much is going on, I am busy working in the background getting more of the pages included when you do a site search.
- 06/03/2015 - Corrected Beardslee and Ford entries on the Maple Cemetery in Mansfield.
- 05/30/2015 - Added two new class photos to the Olean page, Second Grade in School 1 (1950), and Sixth Grade at School 10 (1954). I also had to remove the link to some Olean postcard images, the link is broken and just took you to Blumenthals web hosting. Anyone know where that link moved?
- 05/21/2015 - Fixed link to LDS search in 1892 state census pages.
- 05/20/2015 - Added four more graves to the Sunset Hill cemetery in Ellicottville from information provided by Charlotte Watkins.
- 05/18/2015 - Replaced the broken AOL link to the 154th Hardtack Regiment Web Page(Civil War) with the updated link . Added a link to CAMP on the home page.
- 05/17/2015 - With the reports the new search engine provides, we found that at least 119 pages were excluded from search engine. These older pages had their links hard coded to the old RootsWeb address before Ancestry.com took over. The search engine rejected them as "off site". Spend the weekend editing those links to "relative" links which now are included in the search. It was a real PIA job, but it needed to be done. Many of the pages were census indexes and other documents with LOTS of names. If a previous search yielded no results, I suggest you try it now, it just might find a result that was previously hidden from the search engine.
- 05/15/2015 - Fellow researcher, Diana Huber, found a problem with our listing of the Allegany Protestant cemetery. It seems that the listing for the names beginning with "G" were only about half there. After a little research, I was able to contact one of the original trasnscribers, Margaret Parker, and she was able to send me copies of the original documents. My wife, Jackie, transcribed them and I added them to the web page. Thanks everyone for your help.
- 05/14/2015 - FINALLY - Installed FreeFind Search engine to replace the defunct PICO search we had used for years. Its web crawler scanned though our site and indexed 906 pages. Let me know of any problems or what you think of it. Right now we have the "free" version which includes some advertisements, however, if this turns out to be well accepted I may cough up the money for the commercial version.
- 04/28/2015 Fixed broken link to the Franktown Cemetery in Ashford reported by John Pfeffer, Thanks.
- 04/24/15 - Added information about the Studley family to the Ashford Town page under Family Lore. Updated the Bates and Brain(e) family information in the Ashford Hollow cemetery Made corrections to Elizabeth M. Irish in the Mount Hope cemetery in Ashford. Updated information on Frances Brown in Allegany Protestant Cemetery. Also updated was the address for the NY office of the National Archives.on the Census and Vital Record Page.
- 04/23/2015 Updated Town Historian contact information for Great Valley.
- 04/22/2015 Added a link to the New York Heritage's collection of Olean's Sand Pumping Magazines on the Town of Olean Page.
- 04/04/2015 - Back in 2012, Nathan Towne contributed an index to the Ward and Hinckley Cash Book/Ledger for the hamlet of Versailles in the town of Perrysburg. It was uploaded to the web site but unfortunately, there were no links to it. I can now be found on the Town of Perrysburg page.
- 04/03/2015 - PICO no longer supports their search engine. We are currently evaluating several other free search engines.
- 04/02/2015 - After a couple of years recovering from four surgeries I am now back in the saddle and reviewing the entire web site and emails that came in while I was unable to give them the attention they deserved. I will try my best to get this site current again. Thanks for your patience.