The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 120

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

LEDYARD, NY

ANDREW ALLEN

1st FARM ON PAGE 120

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

GLENWOOD, on the road west from Wheeler's Corners, within four miles of Aurora, and fifteen miles of Auburn, contains one hundred acres of fertile soil. Its chief resources are hay, grain and poultry, while small fruits, pears, cherries and plums are among its specialties. The farm shows every indication of the care bestowed upon it in its fine and well-shaded lawns, its buildings and barns, all being in good repair. The farm derives its name from the wooded glen that runs through it from east to west. The property was originally known as the Winslow Farm, which was purchased of Bradley Smith by Andrew Allen in 1869, who is a native of Montgomery County, New York, born September 30, 1834. He was married in 1857 to Miss Sarah W. Fero. Their family consists of a son and daughter. Mr. Allen is a highly respected farmer of his town.

 Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in August 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage