The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 120

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

LEDYARD, NY

P. HICKEY

18th FARM ON PAGE 120

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

DAISY SIDE FARM is the property of P. Hickey, postoffice address, Aurora, R. F. D., No. 29. There are sixty-five acres of tillable land, with a soil well adapted to the raising of hay, grain and the usual farm products. It is located on the Sherwood road to Aurora, which is two miles distant, and within sixteen miles of Auburn. The buildings include a good residence, barns, hennery and a tenant house. This home, with its well-kept lawn and numerous evergreen trees, is one of the attractive places in Ledyard. Wells supply water to the house and barns sufficient for all needs. The previous owner was William Gifford, who sold to James West, and from him it was purchased by the present owner in 1896. Mr. Hickey was born in Ireland in 1830, emigrating to America in 1850, and in 1852 took up his residence in Ledyard. He was married to Margaret Tighe. She died in 1873, leaving a family of six children - three sons and three daughters. Mr. Hickey married for a second time Anna Brennan, of Ledyard. They have one son, born in 1881, who resides with his parents on the farm. Mr. Hickey enlisted in the Civil War in August 1862, in the Third New York Artillery, losing his right leg and part of the left in the battle of Drury's Bluff. He was honorably discharged in 1864 from Point Lookout, Maryland. Mr. Hickey, notwithstanding his affliction is cheerful and happy, surrounded by his family and grandchildren.

 Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in August 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage