The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 121

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

LEDYARD, NY

JOHN HEFFERNAN

3rd FARM ON PAGE 121

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

LOCUST GROVE, of one hundred and twenty acres, on the Sherwood and Aurora road, within one and one half miles of Aurora and fifteen miles of Auburn, is owned by John Heffernan. Postoffice address, Aurora, R. F. D. Its products are general, with dairying as a specialty, the milk being sent to the Aurora Creamery. Another specialty is the raising of poultry, having always on hand a large stock of White Leghorns. Small fruits abound in great variety, and the water supply is ample. This property was settled at an early date and was known as the Barber Farm, and was sold to Humphrey Howland in 1853, at his death it was inherited by his heirs and came into possession of the present owner in 1896. Mr. Heffernan is a native of Cayuga County, born in 1850, and married Miss Mary A. Gillespie, a native of New York City, in 1879. Their family consists of three sons and three daughters. Mr. Heffernan is Trustee of School No. 4, and Overseer of the Poor of the Town of Ledyard.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in August 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage