The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 121

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

LEDYARD, NY

L.D.  HUSSEY

9th FARM ON PAGE 121

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

ROCKY POINT FARM, L. D. Hussey, owner. Postoffice address, Aurora, New York. Located on the Lake Shore Road, within two miles of Willit's Station, contains one hundred and forty-five acres, with a soil that is adapeted to the raising of hay, grain and mixed farming, with excellent water facilitiesfrom wells, and also from Cayuga Lake. The hardwood timber of ten acres is of fine quality. The location is desirable, the residence being surrounded with evergreen shade trees, making this one of the pretty homes of Ledyard. This property has been known as the Morgan Farm and was transferred by John Hussey to the present owner, L. D. Hussey, who has since resided here and made most of the valuable improvements. He is a native of Cayuga County, and married Miss Helen M. Squire in 1856, who was also a native of Cayuga County. They are one of the oldest couples in the town and highly esteemed by their neighbors. Their family consists of three daughters. Mr. Hussey has served three terms as Supervisor. This farm derives its name from the point of land and rocks that extend into Cayuga Lake.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in August 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage