The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 121

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

LEDYARD, NY

J.D. MYERS

14th FARM ON PAGE 121

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

THE JOHN L. SMITH FARM derives its name from the previous owner, who was born and lived here until he was seventy years old, when he sold it to his son, H. Smith, he selling it in 1888 to the present owner, J. D. Myers, a native of Tompkins County, born in 1855, and in 1878 married Mary E. Townsend, a native of Cayuga County. They have six children, three sons and three daughters. This farm numbers one hundred acres, within five miles of Aurora, seventeen of Auburn and one of Ledyard. Its products are general, the buildings in good repair, and the location attractive. The water is supplied by never-failing springs, and there is a second growth of timber sufficient for home use. There is also an apple orchard of two acres and a variety of small fruit. J. D. Myers is also the owner of "The James Townsend Farm," located on the Ridge road, from Auburn to King Ferry. It contains seventy-two and a half acres, devoted to hay, grain and general farm products. The surroundings are desirable, and there are a good set of buildings. Water is supplied by wells and a living spring. It was previously owned by Dr. Lamkin and purchased from him by James Townsend, coming into possession of Mr. Myers in 1891. Mr. Myers is a dealer in stock, always having a ready supply for the market.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in August 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage