The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 122

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

MRS. C. W. BENNETT

10th FARM ON PAGE 122

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

OVERLOOK is located on the cross road from Little Salmon Creek to Indian Field Road. Its market is Moravia, nine miles distant, and Aurora and King Ferry Station are eight miles respectively; the nearest village being Genoa, six miles distant. Hay, grain, stock raising and a dairy are its chief resources, the dairy products being delivered to the Skimming Station at Venice Center, two miles northeast. The farm possesses a most fertile soil, and its improvements are of a standard character. The name is derived from its elevated position. There is an abundance of fruit grown, comprising apples, pears, cherries and small fruits. There are thirty acres of hardwood timber, and the water supply is furnished by wells, located conveniently to all buildings. The land was first occupied by Thomas Cannon on a soldier's claim, at his death passing to Ephriam Andrews, who purchased from the Cannon heir; After his death in 1884 it came into the possession of his daughter, Mrs. C. W. Bennett, the present owner.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage