The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 122

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

J. W. COOK

15th FARM ON PAGE 122

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

SANDLEHURST. This farm of sixty-five acres is owned by J. W. Cook. Postoffice address, King Ferry, R. F. D., No. 26. It is located on the Bennett Hill Road from Little Salmon Creek and Indian Trail Road from Genoa to Auburn; eight miles from Aurora and King Ferry, eleven miles to Moravia and seventeen to Auburn. Aside from general soil products, dairying and poultry raising are the chief resources. There is an abundance of fruit, including small fruits, and one of the sources of revenue is a sand bank, which furnishes a fine quality of sand for building purposes. Wells and a never-failing spring give abundant water for all purposes. A feature of the place is its grove of sugar maples, and a supply of mixed timber also add to the value of this property. The buildings are pleasantly situated on a well shaded lawn. A previous owner was A. Mosher, thence to his son George Mosher, and from him to the present incumbent in 1887. Mr. Cook is a native of Maryland, born in 1847. He married Miss Miriam Heaton, a native of Ohio, in 1875. Their family consists of three children, one son and two daughters.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage