The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 122

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

MRS. E. G. DONALD

17th FARM ON PAGE 122

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

SLOPING MEADOW is the name given the farm of Mrs. E. G. Donald. Postoffice address, Moravia, R. F. D., No. 19. The property consists of fifty acres, located on Lot 77, near Wallace Corners, which is five miles to Moravia and Genoa and sixteen to Auburn. There is a fine variety of fruit on the place, and hay and grain and dairying and vegetables form its resources. There is no waste land on Sloping Meadow. The farm name is derived from its topography, there being a gradual slope toward the west. All buildings are in good repair, and there are five acres of hardwood timber, mostly maple, and a young grove of sugar maples. The supply of water is ample. The farm was formerly owned by Jonathan Donald, who resided here until his death in 1881, when it came into the possession of John R. Donald, who resided here until his death in 1891, when it became the property of his wife and children. Mrs. Donald is now a teacher of School District No. 12.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage