The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 122

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE. NY

Mrs. L. and M. N. EATON

18th FARM ON PAGE 122

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

PINE TERRACE is the name given to the fine farm of Mrs. L. Eaton and M. N. Eaton, whose postoffice address is Genoa, R. F. D. It consists of one hundred and ten acres on the cross road from Indian Field Road to the Big Salmon Creek, sixteen miles from Auburn, four from Genoa, seven miles to Moravia and nine miles to Aurora. This farm is well adapted to all soil products common to this section, as well as dairying and fruit raising; it also makes a specialty of its poultry. The dairy products are prepared at home, butter being supplied to local markets. The farm was first owned by the Husteds, from them to a Mr. Mosher, thence to David Nye, and from him to Samuel Eaton in 1870, who resided here until his death in 1890. His wife still resides on the farm with her daughter and son-in-law, who was born in Ashland County, Ohio, in 1863, and married Miss Minnie M. Eaton, in 1891, who is a native of Cayuga County. They have one daughter who resides with her parents. Mr. Eaton is one of the wide-awake young farmers of his town and a well-known school teacher; he is also Justice of the Peace. The farm is supplied with running water for the fields and buildings by wells. There are also never failing springs near the barns for the convenience of stock. There are ten acres of timber of second growth, including a fine grove of sugar maples.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage