The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 123

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

B. H. AND W. E. LEONARD

11th FARM ON PAGE 123

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

LENSON FARM, on Lots 85 and 86, aggregating two hundred and forty-seven acres, is owned by Messrs. B. H. Leonard and W. E. Leonard. Postoffice address, Genoa and Auburn. Its location is on the Salmon Creek Road, two miles from Genoa, seventeen from Auburn, and eight miles respectively from Moravia and Aurora. Dairying and general farm products are its principal resources, milk from the dairy being delivered to Genoa. This farm derives its name from the past and present owners, combining the name of Leonard with Thompson. E. B. Thompson was a former owner of one farm and E. Fish of the other, coming into possession of the present owners in 1900. The building improvements are first class, the residence being approached by a fine lawn bordered with shade trees. The barns are conveniently arranged for the feeding of stock. There is an ice pond fed by springs, which, in connection with wells at the residence, furnish an abundant supply of water for buildings and stock. There is a sugar maple grove of ten acres on the West Farm and ten acres of mixed timber on the East Farm. B. H. Leonard was born in the town of Sennett in 1835, where he was educated, and is at present (1903) a resident of Auburn. He married Miss Mary Cuykendall, a native of Cayuga County. W. E. Leonard, born in 1861, married Miss Virginia Bowman, both natives of Cayuga County.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage