The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 123

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

ORRIN LESTER

12th FARM ON PAGE 123

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

O. LESTER PLACE consists of ninety acres, owned by Orrin Lester. Postoffice address, Locke, R. D. No. 23. It is located on the Lester Road, running from Venice to Moravia, four miles from Locke and five to Moravia. There is an abundance of fruit, comprising apples, plums, pears, peaches, cherries and a variety of small fruit. Grain and stock raising are the principal features, and a small dairy is supported, its products being delivered to the local market. The general improvements of the farm are among the best in the town and are due entirely to the enterprise of Mr. Lester. Never-failing wells supply water for the residence and barns, stock and fields, and there are seven acres of a variety of timber. Ebenezer Lester resided here until his death, when it came into possession of his son S. Lester, and from him to the present owner, who is a native of the town, born in 1819, and married Miss Mary Jane Sands in 1842.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage