The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 123

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

L. A. LESTER

13th FARM ON PAGE 123

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

LESTERSHIRE is owned by L. A. Lester. Address, Locke, R. F. D. Comprises one hundred and five acres, located on the Lester road from East Venice to Moravia, on Lot 99; it is six miles from Moravia, the same distance from Locke, and three and one-half miles from Genoa. Hay, grain, and dairying, stock raising and sheep are its resources. Its dairy products are delivered to the skimming station, one-half mile distant. The location of this farm is second to none in the town, and the water supply is piped from a never-failing spring to the residence and barns. There are ten acres of hardwood timber. A Mr. Williams was its previous owner, who sold to Volney Lester, where the latter resided until his death in 1892, when it came into the possession of the present incumbent, who was born on the farm in 1866. Mr. Lester married Miss Adella Smith (deceased, 1891). Their family consists of one daughter. Mr. Lester's second marriage was to Miss Linnie L. Osborn, in 1893. Mr. Lester is a capable farmer, as attested by the farm's modern improvements, and the use of farm machinery of the latest patterns. He is also a dealer in stock, and feeds for the market. There is a fine apple orchard of four acres, and a variety of small fruits.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2002
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage