The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 124

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

C. H. PUTNAM

1st FARM ON PAGE 124

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

THE MAPLES, consisting of one hundred and ten acres, owned by C. H. Putnam. Postoffice address, Moravia, R. F. D. Is located on the Putnam road, extending from the Creek road to Venice. Moravia is seven miles distant, Aurora nine miles, and Auburn fifteen miles. This is more especially a crop farm, the soil being particularly well adapted to the raising of all products common to this section. Mr. Putnam has a fine grove of sugar maples, and has all the latest appliances for making maple sugar. Fruit is also an important factor on this farm; peaches, pears, plums, cherries, and small fruit abound, there being also a young apple orchard. There are ten acres of timber. There is an abundance of water for buildings, stock and fields, received from wells and creeks. A previous owner was Mr. Crosby Wheat, who sold to Charles H. Hunsicker, who resided on the farm until his death, when it became the property of his wife, and afterwards her daughter, from whom it was purchased by the present owner in 1900. Mr. Putnam is a native of Cayuga County, born in 1865; he married Miss Effie A. DeLap in 1886; their family consists of a son and daughter. Mr. Putnam is one of the energetic young farmers of his town, and manifests an interest in all public matters, besides keeping his farm and improvements in the best of condition.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2003
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage