The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 124

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

W. B. SAXTON

2nd FARM ON PAGE 124

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

HILL SIDE FARM. This model farm, of one hundred and two acres, located on Lot 61, and owned by W. B. Saxton. Postoffice, Venice Center. It is on the road running from Moravia to Aurora, seven miles from Aurora, nine miles to Moravia, and fourteen to Auburn. The farm is devoted mostly to stock, including horses, sheep and swine; also dairying, the products of which are delivered to the Skimming Station at Venice Center, one mile distant. Mr. Saxton is also a breeder of Shropshire sheep. There are the usual sorts of fruit, including apples, plums, pears, cherries and other small fruits. It is claimed that every acre of land on the farm is tillable.

Water is furnished for the use of stock and to the buildings from wells located at the residence and barns. A previous owner was Mr. Cannon, who sold to Isaac Saxton in 1854, and who resided here until his death, in 1889, at which time the title passed to the present owner.

Mr. Saxton is a native of Cayuga County, was born in 1858, and married Miss Abbie Willis in 1883; she is a native of Long Island. This farm ranks among the best in the town and has many attractive features.

Mr. and Mrs. Saxton are very highly esteemed and give their influence to every worthy enterprise.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2003
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage