The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 124

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

C. E. STANTON

5th FARM ON PAGE 124

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

THE PINES was named from numerous pine trees on the front lawn, and consists of one hundred and four acres, owned by C. E. Stanton, whose Postoffice address is Moravia, New York, R. F. D., No. 19. Its location is on the (North ? sg) and South road, Lot 88; Moravia four miles distant, Locke five miles, and Auburn eighteen miles. This farm has a nice southwestern exposure, and is nearly all tillable, has a fertile soil adapted to the successful raising of grains, vegetables, and in addition, it has a dairy of graded Jerseys, the products of which are delivered to the East Venice skimming station, one and one-half miles southwest. A. J. Hodge was the owner in 1869, of whom it was purchased by William Stanton, who resided thereon until 1897, when he moved to Moravia, when his son, C. E. Stanton, took entire charge of the farm; he is a native of Cayuga County, born in 1870, and married Miss Mary E. Folts, also a native of Cayuga County, in 1896. They have one son. Mr. Stanton is one of the enterprising farmers of his town, and a Trustee of School District No. 7. The Pines contains an apple orchard of three acres, as well as an abundance of plums, pears, cherries and small fruits. The buildings are in good repair, the water supply most plentiful, there being wells near the buildings and running water on the (?? sg) of the farm. There is a timber grove of eight acres.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2003
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage