The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 124

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

MRS. J. C. VANALSTINE

10th FARM ON PAGE 124

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

FERN DALE is the name adopted for this farm of one hundred acres. It is owned by Mrs. J. C. Van Alstine and ably managed by F. C. Hicks, whose address is Moravia, R. F. D. The location is on the State road leading from Moravia to Aurora, six miles to the former and nine miles to the latter, and fifteen miles to Auburn. The buildings are in good repair and the home an attractive one in its surroundings and location. The raising of grain and dairying are its chief resources in combination with the culture of the usual varieties of fruits found in this latitude, including small fruits. The dairy products are prepared at home and furnished to the local markets. The former owner was J. Northway, from whom it came into possession of the present owner in 1901. Mrs. Van Alstine resides on the farm with her son-in-law, F. C. Hicks. He is a native of England, born in 1864 and settled in America in 1869. He married Miss Margaret M. Van Alstine, a native of Cayuga County, in (1892? sg) Their family consists of two sons and one daughter. Mr. Hicks is an enterprising farmer and trustee of School District No. 8. Wells at the residence and barns, and a large cistern for stock furnish the water supply. There are also springs on this farm which add to its value as a dairy farm. There are ten acres of hardwood timber.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2003
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage