The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 124

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

MRS. E. WOOD

13th FARM ON PAGE 124

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

WOOD HOMESTEAD consists of ninety-six acres, located on Indian Field Road, thirteen miles to Auburn, six to Aurora, nine to Moravia and one mile to Venice Center. It is owned by Mrs. E. Wood, and ably managed by her son, C. H. Wood. The Postoffice address is Aurora, R. F. D. Hay, grain and dairying are among its chief resources, the products of the latter being delivered to the Skimming Station at Venice Center. The farm has an eastern exposure, gently sloping to the Big Salmon Creek. There are four acres of an apple orchard on the Homestead, besides a variety of other fruit. The buildings are in the best of repair, and the water supply is most ample and convenient, being conveyed to buildings and stock through pipes. There are ten acres of hardwood timber. The Homestead was owned by David Wood in 1815, who resided there until his death; it then passed to his son, James Wood, who also resided at the Homestead until his death, after which his widow came into possession, and now resides on the farm with her son Charles H. Wood, who is native of Cayuga County, born in 1858. He married Miss Ella Haley in 1880. They have one son.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2003
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage