The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 124

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

F. S. YOUNG

15th FARM ON PAGE 124

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

MAPLE LAWN consists of one hundred and forty-five acres, owned by F. S. Young. Postoffice, Moravia, R. F. D. Its location is on the Holley Cross Road, running from Ithaca to Auburn, three miles to Moravia, eighteen to Auburn, twenty-two to Ithaca and five miles to Genoa. The raising of Oxford sheep, stock and dairying constitute the chief resources of "Maple Lawn." The dairy products are taken to the East Venice Elgin Creamery, two miles south. The farm has a southwestern exposure and scarcely any waste land. Peleg Slocum resided here until his death, when it came into possession of his son-in-law, Gilbert A. Young, who sold it to his son Fred. S. Young, the present owner. Mr. Young is a native of Cayuga County, born in 1857, he was married to Miss Carrie Arnold, also a native of the county, in 1878. They have one son. The location of the farm is pleasing, its name is derived from the pretty lawn shaded by Rock Maples. The buildings are attractive and modern, the barns are one of the features, being supplied with a silo, and the out-buildings are also in good repair. These buildings are supplied with water from a never-failing well, operated by windmill power. There are twenty acres of hardwood timber. Mr. Young is one of the enterprising farmers of his town, bringing to his aid the latest improved farm machinery.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2003
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage