The Most Valuable And Productive Farms Section - In The Book:
The New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York - 1904 - Page 124

colorline

- BOOK CODE -

- TOWN SECTION -

- 1904 FARM OWNER'S NAME IS -

- THIS PAGE DISPLAYS THE -

NCAC

VENICE, NY

F. E. YOUNG

16th FARM ON PAGE 124

HOME (INDEX)

NEXT PAGE

FRUITHURST, located in the village of East Venice, within six miles of Moravia and twenty miles of Auburn, is owned by F.E. Young. Postoffice address, R. F. D., Locke No. 23. This farm, while numbering only fifty acres is a fine producer of small fruits of the choicest kind. Poultry and dairying is also a feature. The water supply is most abundant from never-failing springs and there are ten acres of timber. John G. Young, sold to the present owner, who is a native of Cayuga County, born in 1851, married Miss Clara M. Strong in 1872. This is one of the pleasant homes of Venice, with good barns and out-buildings. Mr. Young is also owner of "Meadow Brook," another one of the fine farms of Venice. This was previously owned by Byron Champlin, who sold to John G. Young, from whom the owner purchased. It has a southwestern exposure, and a fine apple orchard and a good water supply; also a variety of timber. Mr. Young's mother resides with her son at "Fruithurst," and is in excellent health for one of her years, and is a highly esteemed resident of the town.

Transcribed by Sandie Gilliland  in 2003
Some Scanned Map Images From The 1904 New Century Atlas Of Cayuga County, New York
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps Website
Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project HomePage