This cemetery was started in connection with the church used by the Second Congregational Society of Sherburne which flourished until about 1820 when the church disbanded and its members transferred to the Congregational Churches in Smyrna and Sherburne. This location, on fairly high ground, furnishes a wide view of the surrounding countryside.
In 1897 the Cemetery Association purchased over three acres of additional land adjoining on the east , and later added a plot on the west. It is the most widely used Protestant cemetery in Sherburne and is kept in excellant condition.
Beginning at the southwest corner:
Going to the northwest corner, the oldest part of the cemetery. Here the stones are considerably spread out, and it seems quite certain that many stones are missing.
Going to the outer edge (north side) at the back of the cemetery, just east of the oldest stones:
Continuing section next to the back fence, starting into the newer (south) part of the cemetery
New Part (first used about 1900)
Sqaure section bounded on east by drive from highway to chapel, on north by drive from chapel to old part - read from nearest chapel
Circle to the Southeast of chapel
Right of east drive