With the generous permission of the author, the following has been transcribed from Barbara Smith Buys, Old Gravestones of Putnam County, New York : Together with information from ten adjacent Dutchess County burying grounds (Baltimore : Gateway Press c1975). This material is under copyright. No part may be reproduced, in whole or in part, in any form, without the specific written permission of the author.
Mrs. Buys notes that only stones of people born before and through the calendar year of 1850 were transcribed, and "that numerous plain fieldstone markers and unmarked, but evident, graves, were found", in addition to those listed.
Drive east from Fishkill on Route 52 up Stormville Mt., and turn left on Stormville Mt. Road. The second road on the left is Smalley Lane. Take this dirt lane south for about 750 ft. to the Benjamin Plot, which is in a cul-de-sac in the road.
1. BENJAMIN, Anna, dau. of Cyrus and Rhoda, d. Oct. 9, 1817, 21-8-17.
2. BENJAMIN, Charles, s. of Peter and Mary, d. May 3, 1845, 20 y. 8 m.
3. BENJAMIN, Cyrus, Esq., d. July 19, 1817, 55 y., 10 d.
4. BENJAMIN, Hannah, dau. of Cyrus and Rhoda, d. Jan. 1, 1794, 2y.
5. BENJAMIN, Mary, w. of Peter, d. Sept. 25, 1854, 53-8-17.
6. BENJAMIN, Peter, d. Sept. 2, 1839, 39-5-19.
7. BENJAMIN, Phebe S., dau. of Peter and Mary, d. July 14, 1841, 18-2-25.
8. BENJAMIN, Rhoda, w. of Cyrus, d. Dec. 8, 1817, 46-2-1
9. PATRICK, John, d. Jan. 8, 1850, 81 y.
10. PATRICK, Phebe, d. June 28, 1847, 70 y., 10 m.
11. "B.H.", - Footstone only.
Transcribed by Susan Brehm
Back to Dutchess Co. Genealogy