CLASSIFICATION: Family ground.
LOCATION: On the farm of Richard F. Rohan, Dutchess Hill.
CONDITION: In an open field.
INSCRIPTIONS: 5 in number. Copied December 12, 1915, by J. W. Poucher, M.D.
REMARKS: Tompkins family ground.
1. Tompkins, Celia Jane, dau. of Peter S. & Jane, d. 1847, Oct. 22, a. 2-9-5.
2. Tompkins, Hannah M., dau. of Michael & Rachel, d. 1840, Feb. 16, a. 36-8-27.*
3. Tompkins, Michael, d. 1841, Sep. 14, a. 69-6-2.
4. Tompkins, Peter S., d. 1851, Sep. 24, a. 46 y.
5. Tompkins, Rachel Schryver, w. of Michael, d. 1856, July 2, a. 78-9-9.**
*A gravestone with this inscription has been found (7 Feb 2010) on http://ww.findagrave.com in the Union Cemetery, Hyde Park, New York.
**A gravestone with this inscription has been found (2004) in the Union Cemetery, Hyde Park (East Park), New York.
Transcribed by Liz DuBois
Back to Dutchess Co. Genealogy