SACRED HEART CHURCH (ITALIAN), NORTH COLLINS

This parish was organized by the Rev. H.M. Cocola, in 1907.

The church was dedicated by Bishop Colton in 1908.

Rev. Lorenzo Scarpion took charge in 1913. Rev. John Presseda was appointed July 19, 1919. The parish was without a resident for months at a time.

The cemetery was blessed by Bishop Dougherty in the spring of 1918.

Rev. P.C. Santy came December, 1922, and he made extensive improvements in the church.

The English speaking people of North Collins have a church of their own, St. John the Baptist, which is attended from Eden Center.





Dee Pavey
pcmom@aol.com