Search billions of records on

The Bavarian Manor
Purling, NY

Pictures and postcards from the personal collection of Sylvia Hasenkopf

Established in the 1860's by Walker Lennon as the White Sulphur Springs House, the resort was rechristened the Columbian Inn in 1895 when Howard K. Lyon took over sole ownership of the property. In 1933, Karl Bauer established a German-American Resort and rechristened the hotel as the Bavarian Manor.

Today the Bavarian Manor and Country Inn and Restaurant is run by Karl Bauer's granddaughter Suzanne and her husband Stan Oldakowski.

The Columbian Inn



The Bavarian Manor



Karl Bauer


William Bauer Family


The Bavarian Alpine Garden



The Bavarian Manor Lake


The Bavarian Manor 2011

Home           Table of Contents            Boarding Houses Home Page