Transcribed by Jackie Towner from LDS microfilm number 533478
Pictures of the Church
Photos taken by Sylvia Hasenkopf in 2009
History of Parish
Calvary Church, Cairo, Greene County was organized Aug 13th, 1832. Reverend Ephriam Punderson, chairman, Ira T. Day and Henry E. Hotchkiss certified the proceedings. Eli Brooks and George Wickes were elected wardens. Ira T. Day, Horace Austin, John Lennon, Amasa Maltoon, Henry E Hotchkiss, Hiram Hine, Wm. G. Howell and Harlow Hine were elected vestrymen. Subscribing witness Amasa Keith and Herman Smith. The church was consecrated by Rt Rev Benjamin Treadwell Onderdonk D.D. on Sunday Aug 4, 1833.