Gloria Dei Episcopal 
Church

Transcription of original church records generously provided by Audrey Klinkenberg

Retranscription of History, Families, Confirmed, Communicants, 
Marriages and Burials by Cindy Simmons



location:  Palenville
founded:  1878
HISTORY NOTES:
September 1890 The Reredos was put in place, the gift of Rev. Wm. Chas. Grubbe in
memoriam of his son Walter Clapperton Grubbe who entered into rest
January 14, 1888.
All Saints, 1890 The Altar Cross was put in place, the gift of Rev. Wm. Chas. Grubbe in
memoriam of his son Walter Clapperton Grubbe.
All Saints, 1891 The Eucharistic lights were put in place, the gift of Margaret Minkler, wife
of Rufus T. Smith.
Christmas 1891 Two small vases marked W. C. G. were put in place gift of Rev. Wm. Chas.
Grubbe memoriam of his son Walter Clapperton Grubbe.
May 1st 1894 Resignation of Rev. Wm Chas. Grubbe took effect
July 1st, 1894 6.11.'95  Rev. Geo. W. Farrar had charge (he was priested in Cathedral
June 8, 1895).
Summer 1895 Parish Hall built
June 23 - Sep. 24, 1895 Rev. Fred. H. Farrar (deacon) in charge
Dec. 1st, 1895 Rev. William White Hance took charge
1896 Green Altar cloth made from old embroideries and new cloth, in Phila.
Advent 1895 Purple Altar cloth made by Mrs. F. M. Holcomb and Mrs. John Dederick,
materials given by Miss Dodds
Spring 1897 Red Altar cloth presented by Wo. Aux. St. John's Ogdensburg
1896-1897 Four silk Burses and Veils purchased from Guild in Phila.
May 1898 Two cut-glass vases and one cut-glass lavabo purchased
1898 Four colored-silk stoles made by Mdms. Holcomb and Dederick
July 29, 1898 Missal-stand purchased from Communion Alms.
Sep. 5, 1898 Strop of land purchased E. S. and W. of the church, cost $100.00
All Saints, 1898 Litany Deck dedicated, the gift of Miss Dodds
Trinity 1899 Chancel alterations made
All Saints, 1899 White Altar cloth dedicated:  embroideries made by Mrs. A. J. Miller,
transferred by Mrs. Holcomb to new cloth given by Mrs. Aldrich and Miss
Dodds.
Fall 1899 Horse-sheds erected by Dr. Holcomb
Apr 1900 Book racks placed in the pews
Aug. 6, 1901 Memorial window dedicated, the gift of Miss Dodds
Nov. 1, 1901 Resignation of Rev. William White Hance took effect
1907 Fair linen cloth presented by Miss Louisa Arn---ine

 Home            Table of Contents          Church Records Home Page