and Baldwin Family Cemetery
This cemetery is located
along Route 145, just past the intersection with the Oak Hill Durham Road in the
Town of Durham. It is situated in a field about
.5 mile in from the road and is surrounded by a stone wall. Groundhogs have a
den in the plot itself and there a quite a few burrow openings which have
undermined the stability of headstones, otherwise the cemetery is well tended.
Transcribed by Sylvia Hasenkopf June 23, 2000
- Charles Bradish, d. October 15, 1847, aged 1y5m16d, s/o William B. and
- Eva, d. March 8, 1858, aged 2y4m, d/o Addison H. and Evangela E. Hays
- Willard E., d. April 26, 1854, aged 1y5d, s/o Addison H. and Evangela E.
- Lucy Angeline, d. October 1, 1850, aged 22m, d/o Addison H. and Evangela
- Sarah D., d. September 5, 1859, aged 29y, w/o Theodore Spore
- Sarah D. Cochran, d. August 25, 1874, aged 87y8m, w/o Henry Hotchkiss
- ??, d. November 21, 1870, aged 84y3m18d (assumption that this is Henry
Hotchkiss as headstone is in same base as that of Sarah D. Cochran - top
half of stone is missing)
- Rachel C. Paterson, d. February 20, 1898, aged 69y, w/o Benjamin C.
- Benjamin C. Hotchkiss, d. December 17, 1899, aged 78y
- James Baldwin, d. December 2, 1843, aged 74y
- Mabel, d. January 29, 1857, aged 81y, w/o James Baldwin
- In memory of Eliza Baldwin, d. March 9, 1822, aged 22y
- Mabel, d. September 30, 1851, aged 32y, d/o Dennis and Temperance Baldwin
- Ezra J., d. January 11, 1840, aged 5y1m5d, s/o Dennis and Temperance
- Elizabeth, d. January 27, 1858, aged 1m9d, d/o Rev. Elias L & ?
William S., d. July 31, 1859, aged 1m, s/o Rev. Elias L & ?
Elizabeth, d. March 30, 1861, aged 1m4d, d/o Rev. Elias L. ?
- Luther Hayes, d. April 6, 1858, aged 86y
Mehitable Baldwin, d. October 9, 1860, aged 84y, w/o Luther Hayes
- Christopher Post, d. August 9, 1852, aged 83y
Adah, d. February 17, 1854, aged 81y, w/o Christopher Post
- Tobias, d. May 31, 1823, aged 19y, a faithful colored servant of Benjamin
- Jane Pattison, d. November 9, 1852, aged 18y2m12d
- Jane Augusta, d. April 15, 1856, aged 11m10d, d/o Benjamin C. and Rachel
- Sarah A., d. January 30, 1856, aged 40y, w/o William C. Hotchkiss
Table of Contents
Durham Cemeteries Home