The cemetery is located on a hilltop at the junction of Schoolhouse Road and Stone Bridge Road in the Town of Durham. It is completely overgrown and the native vegetation has virtually obliterated the site. Only one stone was found standing and 11 fieldstones were also located.
Transcribed by Sylvia Hasenkopf on June 23, 2000
In memory of Mrs. Patience Lord, the amiable consort of D(eacon) Christopher
(Lord) who departed this life M(arch 29, 1794), in the 68th year of
Postscript: An earlier transcription of the site (1933) was located at the Durham Center Museum, which identified the missing parts of the inscription - in italics. The following two inscriptions were also read in 1933, but these stones could not be located in June 2000:
1. Jane Myer, d. June 12, 1824, aged 41, w/o Luke Kiersted
2. D.G. Hopson, b. 1799 (most likely means d. = died)
Patience Lord is also listed on the tombstone of her husband, Christopher Lord, at the Meeting House Hill Cemetery.