of Josephine Groben
widow of Nicholas Groben
Transcribed and submitted by David Stott
I, Josephine Groben of the town of Greenville, Greene county, of the state of NY, do make, publish and declare this to be my last Will & Testament as follows:
FIRST, I give and bequeath unto my son, Charles T. Groben, all the money I have on deposit in the bank except for the sum of $25 and this is to pay my funeral expenses there from, and so have and retain the balance for his own use.
SECOND, I give and bequeath to my said son Charles T. Groben, the sum of $25 in trust for William Henry Frauken, my grandson to be deposited in the Savings Bank until he is 21 years of age. When the same with acrued interest shall be paid to him and if he dies before becoming of age, then I bequeath said sum unto my next of kin then living.
THIRD, I give and bequeath unto my daughter Mary Ellen, all of my wearing apparel, bedding, carpet and furniture that I now own at the residence of my son Charles T. Groben and the remainder of my furniture, I give and bequeath unto my five children, share and share alike. If they are unable to agree upon division, then I direct my executor to sell the same and divide the proceeds among them.
FOURTH, I direct my executor previously named to sell all my real estate at public sale as he may deem best. I authorize him to execute and deliver proper deeds thereof, to the purchaser and I direct him to divide the proceeds of the sale in equal shares among my five living children.
In witness whereof have reviewed my hand and seal this the 24th day of February in the year One Thousand Eight Hundred and Ninety Six. Josephine Groben.
All the heirs at law and next of kin of Josephine Groben named as follows:
1. Casper Groben, son, residing in New Baltimore, NY
2. Mary Ellen Fisher, daughter & the wife of Frederick Fisher, residing in Greenville, NY
3. George Groben, son, residing in Greenville, NY
4. John Groben, son, residing in Coeymans, Albany county, NY
5. William Henry Frauken, grandson and being the son of Louisa Frauken, daughter who is deceased, residing in Newburgh, Orange county, NY. William Frauken who is an infant of about six months of age, is residing with his Aunt, Mrs. Peter Gregorius at Newburgh.
6. Charles T. Groben, son, executor, residing in New Baltimore, NY