From, Volume #1, Cemetery Records of Old Burying Grounds in
the Town of Catskill 1946-1962. This cemetery recorded in April 1962 by Dorothy and
Walter Smith. Retyped by Celeste MacCormack.
Cemetery located and validated by Sylvia and Reinhard
Hasenkopf summer 2008
Corrections made to original transcription
At the junction of Underhill Road and town road from
Cauterskill to Lawrenceville, on land of Ed. Schlag. Plot has been cleaned up
and a new fence around it by the town.
- In Memory of
Wilhemus Leaman died January 30, 1833 in the 91st year of his age.
- In Memory of Matthew Leaman died June 22, 1840 aged 83 yrs.
- In Memory of Alida, wife of Matthew Leaman died August 9, 1840 aged 82 yrs.
- William M. Layman died March 26, 1854 aged 64 yrs.
- Elizabeth Webber, wife of William M. Layman died April 11, 1864 aged 65 yrs.
- Abraham Layman born January 16, 1787 died February 27 1878.
- Nancy Grant wife of Abraham Layman born July 14, 1791 died June 18 1868
- Addison Layman born July 18, 1836 died February 7 1867
- Harriet A. Layman died November 2, 1857 aged 27 yrs, 10 mo, 22 days.
- Hiram Layman born August 28, 1824 died September 26 1880 (in 2008 only
the name, Hiram Layman remains. The rest of the stone has disintegrated)
- Sarah Catharine, daughter of Abraham and Nancy Leaman died September, 14 1830 aged
2 yrs, 2 mo, 13 days.
- Catharine M. Dumond born October 10, 1826 died February 14, 1842
They seem to spell Layman two ways. Abraham Layman and his wife Nancy Grant
have it LAYMAN, but on there daughters stones Sarah Catharine they put LEAMAN.
Table of Contents
Catskill Cemeteries Home