Powell Family Bible
Handwritten copy of a bible the possession of Mr. Lawrence Larsen, N. Settlement Road, Windham, R.F.D., NY in 1940-1950. Bible originally owned by George W. Powell.
Located in the Rossi Records, Volume 34, Page 1, at the
Durham Center Museum. Transcribed by Sylvia Hasenkopf.
This certifies that the rite of Holy Matrimony was celebrated between George
W. Powell of Roxbury, Delaware County, NY and Emily V. Tupper of Roxbury,
Delaware County, NY on November 29th, 1866 at Moresville M.E. Church
by Rev. Richard Decker.
Witness: The Congregation
George W. Powell May 28, 1844
Emily V. Tupper August 18, 1846
Franklin Powell August 24, 1867
Ella V. Powell March 16, 1869
Reuben H. Powell May 10, 1871
Franklin Powell March 27, 1869
George W. Powell was received in full membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church in June 1874 at South Jewett Church, Green Co, NY
Mrs. Emily V. Powell joined with the same Church at the same place and at the same time.