This cemetery is located on the east side of the
Medway-Earlton Rd, just south of the intersection of Paradise Hill Rd., in the Town of
New Baltimore. It is situated on what was known as the ‘Big Ike’ ( Isaac) Smith farm.
It is surrounded by a stone wall with an iron gate and is in very good
Transcribed by Sylvia Hasenkopf, April 15, 2003. Additional
notes in blue were located in the DAR publication listed below, but were not
found on the individual stones.
New York State Regent
Prepared by Hannah W. Whittle for ON-TI-ORA Chapter
Presented to the New York State Library, Albany, NY 1988, Volume 580
- In memory of Rachel Ann, w/o Claudius R. Delamatter, d. January 21, 1831,
aged 30y3m9d (b. October 12, 1800, d/o Thomas E. and
Catherine O'Blenis Powell)
- John Henry, s/o Alfred and Loretta Powell, d. February 16, 1872, aged
19y1m16d (b. January 1, 1853)
- Loretta Allen, w/o Alfred Powell, d. March 12, 1876, aged 65y27d b.
February 16, 1811)
- Alfred Powell, d. March 10, 1877, aged 65y3m9d (b.
December 1, 1811, s/o Thomas and Catherine O'B Powell)
- Rebecca A. Rudell, w/o William Powell, d. October 2, 1878, aged 67y7m12d (b.
February 20, 1811)
- Wm. Powell, d. September 6, 1862, aged 59y3m1d (b.
June 5, 1803, s/o Thomas E. and Catharine O'B Powell)
- Israel, s/o Elisha and Rachel (Ham) Powell,
d. August 16, 1858, aged 73y
- Mary Elizabeth Powell, d/o Oliver and Deborah
Powell, d. April 25, 1896, aged 60y4m
- Isaac Smith, b. 1820, in Rensselaerville, NY,
d. November 19, 1901, Jacob
and Mary Height Smith
Deborah Ann Powell, his wife, b. March 20, 1819
(1820 on stone), d. February 20, 1902, d/o
Oliver and Deborah Rundell Powell
- Herbert F. Smith, b. 1883, d. 1954
Ethel E., b. 1890, d. 1976
- Joe W. Martin, Cpl US Army WW1, b. 1893, d. 1980
- Benjamin Hilton, d. September 11, 1861, aged 33y
Jane Powell, his wife, no dates b. 1827, d/o Oliver
and Deborah Rundell Powell, m. 2nd to George Todd
- Deborah Rundle, mother, w/o Oliver Powell, d. August 5, 1886, aged 91y9d, July
- Oliver Powell, father, d. December 6, 1866, aged 72y2m, b.
December 4, 1794
- Susan H., d/o Oliver and Deborah Powell, d. March 15, 1860, aged 36y
- Perline Powell, my mother, w/o Marcis Daboll,
d. April 9, 1855, aged 37y, d/o Oliver and Deborah
- Catharine O'Blenis, w/o Thomas E. Powell, b.
December 9, 1768, d. May 22, 1847, aged 78y5m13d
- Thomas E. Powell, b. July 22, 1768, d. June
21, 1857, aged 89y, s/o Elisha and Rachel Ham Powell
- Elisha Powell Jr., b. July 12, 1777, d.
November 15, 1847, aged 70y4m3d, s/o Elisha and Rachel
- Rachel Carman, w/o Elisha Powell Jr., b.
December 22, 1782, d. November 23, 1832, aged 49y11m1d
- Rachel Ham, w/o Elisha Powell, b.
August 9, 1749, d. August 27, 1825, aged 76y
- Elisha Powell, b. December 20, 1737, d.
February 22, 1825, aged 87y, s/o Thomas and Abigail
- Egbert, s/o Samuel H. and Jane S. Powell, b.
May 27, 1823, d. October 18, 1825, aged 2y4m21d
- In Memory of Elisha Hallock, d. March 19, 1827, aged 3y
- Guly Elma Mariah Hallock, b. March 23, 1827, d.
March 15, 1828, aged 11m20d, child of Matthew and Ann
- In Memory of Ann Hallock, w/o Matthew Hallock, d. April 14, 1828, aged 26y
- Thomas Hallock, d. April 23, 1841, aged 78y, s/o
Joseph Zebelon Hallock
- Rhoda, w/o Thomas Hallock, d. December 30, 1851, aged 86y
- Matthew Hallock, b. July 10, 1801, d.
September 6, 1865, aged 64y1m27d, s/o Thomas and Rhoda
- Catherine O'Blenis Hallock, b.
August 28, 1802, d. May 27, 1877, aged 75y8m29d
- Susan M. Wood, mother, w/o Daniel B. Hallock, b.
July 27, 1835, d. July 8, 1897, aged 62y
- Sarah, d/o Elisha and Mary E. Powell, d. January 25, 1865, aged
- Sarah, w/o John E. Powell, b. September 8, 1782, d.
August 25, 1857, aged 74y11,17d, d/o Rev. War Soldier
Elisha Smith and wife Rachel Hughson
- Henry H. Powell, b. March 2, 1823, d. August
18, 1855, aged 32y5m16d, child of John E. and Sarah
- In Memory of Caroline, d/o John E. and Sarah Powell, d. June 8(?), 1829,
- Sally, d/o William and Sally Righter, d. February 14, 1826, aged 14y10m14d
- In Memory of Sally, w/o William Righter, d. March 3, 1833, aged 66y
- 7 fieldstones
Additional notes from the DAR inscription. No tombstones for these
individuals found in 2003:
- Harry Rundell, no dates
- Henry Powell, b. 1826, d. 1826
Oliver Powell, b. 1834, d. 1834
Francis Powell, b. 1833, d. 1833
Children of Oliver & Deborah R. Powell
- Samuel H. Powell, b. Oct.12, 1787, d. July 21, 1866, s/o Elisha &
Rachel Ham Powell
Jane Smith, his wife, b. Oct. 23, 1794, d. Mar. 12, 1882
*note made by recorder---- When these records were first copied these graves
were located at this cemetery, when re-checked, they had been removed to Stanton
Hill Cemetery, two other bodies were put in these graves but no markers.
- Henry Powell, Dec. 16, 1789 Died Young, Son of Elisha & Rachel Ham
- Matthew Hallock ????
- Peter Hallock No Dates
his wife No Dates
- Joseph Zebelon Hallock, b. 1720 d. Apr. 23, 1811, s/o Peter Hallock,
B. Dutchess Co.
- Daniel B. Hallock, b. Jan. 25, 1833 d. July 16, 1914, s/o Matthew Hallock
- John E. Powell, b. Oct. 22, 1781, d. Mar. 3, 1873, s/o Elisha & Rachel
Table of Contents
of New Baltimore Home Page