The Winter Clove
House

 

From Beers' "History of Greene County"

The Winter Clove House was built in 1838 by Elihu Slater and subsequently owned by the sons of Mr. Slater, who were succeeded in 1863 by the present (1884) proprietor, H.B. Whitcomb. The house is situated in the south-western part of Cairo, and has a capacity for 60 guests.


Winter Clove House booklet, circa 1890
From the private collection of Sylvia Hasenkopf

                   

 

       

***********************************************************************

Postcards from the private collection of Sylvia Hasenkopf

               

       

*********************************************************************

The Winter Clove - booklet and rate sheet with sample menus from 1968
From the private collection of Sylvia Hasenkopf

               

 


Home           Table of Contents            Boarding Houses Home Page