Town of Conesus - 1819
Livingston County, New York
You are the 19600 visitor, since 11/03/97.
|Alger||----||northern part of town, off Rte 15, on Rowland Road||---|
|Arnold||----||center of town, off Railroad Ave., on Elm Street||---|
|McMillan||----||center of town, on Rte 15||+250|
|Union||----||southeast corner of town, on Rte 256, north of Scottsburg||+1500|
TOWN CLERK : Annette McNinch, 6210 South Livonia Rd., PO Box 188, Conesus, NY 14435; (585) 346-3130
TOWN HISTORIAN : Melissa Maxwell, (585) 734-6854
TOWN WEBSITE: www.town.conesus.ny.us
American Legion , Conlon Mulvaney Post 1779, Box 155, Conesus.
Ga.ne-a-sos History Keepers , Conesus Historical Society, Conesus, NY 14435
[from Penn] Hector McKay settled in 1798, Harvey May in 1806, Davenport Alger in 1808, Jas. Steel and Wait Arnold in 1810, Thomas Young in 1811, and and Andrew Arnold in 1816. The first store was kept by A. & G. Arnold, at the center, 1818. The first sawnmill was built in 1803 or '04,on Mill Creek, near the center; and the first woolen factory in 1819, by Hosea Gilbert. ( back )
[first church] There are 2 churches in town; M.E. and Univ. ( back )
© Copyright Livingston County, New York GenWeb