You are the 21407 visitor, since 11/03/97.
|Chatauqua Hollow||----||Route 70, about 2 miles east of Dalton.||----|
|Coopersville||----||north of Nunda village, on Cheek Road(Co.15).||----|
|Dalton||----||Church Street in Dalton, southwest corner of town||----|
|Oakwood||----||in village of Nunda, on West St., between Second and Fourth St.||----|
|Union||----||south of Dalton, on Birdall Road.||----|
|Seagers||----||center of town, off Rte 436, on Telegraph Road.||----|
TOWN CLERK : Cindy Essler, PO Box 699, 4 Massachusetts Street, Nunda NY 14517
TOWN HISTORIAN : Valerie Griffing, Box 699, 4 Massachusetts Street, Nunda NY 14517
LIBRARY: Bell Memorial Library, 16 East Street, Nunda,NY
HISTORICAL SOCIETY: Nunda Historical Society, Po Box 341, 24 Portage Street, Nunda NY 14517 (See the Society's web page at NundaHistory.org for additional resources and information relating to the Town of Nunda and surrounding area.)
(Please Note: All the books marked with an asterisk
are available through
Dalton Assembly of God, Route 408 Dalton, NY, 14836. (585) 476-2261.
Dalton United Methodist Church, Church St, Dalton, NY, 14836. (585) 476-2490.
Holy Angles Catholic Church, Church Street, Nunda, NY, 14517. (585) 468-3450.
Nunda United Methodist Church, 30 East Street, Nunda, NY. (585) 468-3456.
Trinity Church of Nunda, 25 East Street, Nunda, NY. (585) 468-2680.
LinksNunda Historical Society NundaHistory.org
Bell Memorial Library Nunda Public Library
Town of Nunda Town of Nunda
Village of Nunda Nunda.org
Oakwood Cemetery, Nunda NY Oakwood Cemetery
Updates provided by Tom Cook, Nunda Historical Society, 2011.
[Nunda Literary Institute] Opened in 1844. The building was burned in June 1859. (back)
[in 1806] Among the other early settlers were David Corey and brothers, Peleg and Reuben Sweet, Abner Tuttle, Gideon Powell, Wm P. Wilcox, John H. TOwnser, and James Paine. The first inn was kept at the village, by Alanson Hubbell, in 1820, and the first store by Wm. P. Wilcox, near the center. Willoughby Lovell built the first sawmill, in 1818, and Samuel Swain and Lindsey Joslyn the first gristmill, in 1828. (back)