§2 Great Nine Partners (NY)
The Great Nine Partners Patent of 1697 was located in Dutchess County, NY,
south of the Little Nine Partners patent of 1706.
For this reason it is sometimes referred to as the Lower Nine Partners Patent.
(See the map on the
The patentees were:
- John (Jan) Aarston 2
- William Creed
- James Emott (Emmot)
- ancestor of the  Judge of the [NY] Supreme Court
- Hendrick ten Eyck
- Lieut. Col. Henry Filkin
- after whom the old town of Filkintown was named,
now part of Mabbetsville.
- Major Augustin Graham
- Of Scots descent
- Col. Caleb Heathcote
- a descendant of a noble English family
- David Johnstone3
- Jarvis Marshall
This grant included the now towns of
Hyde Park beyond the Crum Elbow Creek,
and the southern part of
in the P. H. Smith history of Dutchess County.
that were part of the Great Nine Partners Patent
- The Nine Partners Boarding School
Now the Oakwood Friends School in Poughkeepsie.
- Town of Amenia
- Town of Clinton
- Town of Northeast
- Town of Pleasant Valley
- Town of Stanford
- Town of Washington
- Bibliographic, Link Farms, & Suites
File date: 2003-10-31 11:03:34
Notes: (Click the << symbols to return to the text — or use your browser's BACK button.)
- << Bailey, Henry D. B., Local Tales and Historical Sketches; Fishkill Landing: Spaight, publisher; 1874; p.285. This list is essentially the same as that given by MacCracken.
- << MacCracken: Aertson
- << MacCracken: David Jamison
- << MacCracken, Dr. Henry Noble, Olde Dutchess Forever, NY 1956; p.50-51
Little Nine Partners (NY)
Table of Contents
Dutchess County (NY)
© Copyright 2002, 2011
All Rights Reserved
The Little Nine Partners Historical Society
P.O. Box 243
Pine Plains, NY 12567
Sat Oct 1 2011 at 2:11:54pm