Indian Church

 . Located just south of Oneida... The structure still exists although the entrance shown in the picture has been removed and the building has been moved and turned 90 degrees. Roland and Ruth Urbin have their home there now. The small building in the picture no longer exists but was the Indian schoolhouse. Information on the deed indicates that although known as the Indian Church the property belonged to the Methodist church. The large tree was known as the Indian Council tree - it is no longer there but the current owners say that a large stone (visible when driving by) marks its orignal location. [Photo is pre-1916 as 1916 is when the highway was first paved.]