- The young people enjoyed a social dance in our village last Wednesday evening.
- Mr. and Mrs. Stone spent Sunday with relatives near the Community.
- Frank Gault and family made their daughter, Mrs. Roantree, of Chittenango, a happy New Year's visit.
- Several scholars of this place attended school during the fall term at Oneida, and now after a vacation of over a week, they returned to their studies with renewed energy. Master Emerson Stone commences the winter term with them as a beginner.
- Riley Moon and family in company with James Ingalls and family and other relatives made Christmas a merry day at the home of Alonzo Snyder, near Clockville. Between 30 and 40 guests sat down to a bounteous repast which all enjoyed and such an enjoyable family gathering is well worth mentioning, although not know to your scribe until ...
- Only two buildings have undergone repairs at present. One is the house of Merrit Eddy, which, when painted presented a cozy appearance and shows great improvement over the old building. The other house is owned by Charley Gregg and we learn is intended for a saloon, but we hope not, for one is not needed in this small place, and we fear would cause much sorrow and perhaps a lonely vigil lasting far into the night, for some of the wives and mothers dwelling here. JIMMY
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 14 May 2011
You are our 2464 visitor since 22 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page