- Ira Wilcox, who has been a terrible sufferer for the past few months of dropsy of the heart, passed away Dec. 31, aged 72 years at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Monroe Buyea. She has been unremitting in her care of him, but death was a relief to him as an end to his sufferings. Four sons and two daughters survive him, besides a sister and several grandchildren. Rev. Mr. Butman, of Clockville, preached an able discourse and the remains were placed in the Clockville Cemetery by the side of his wife. Mrs. Buyea and brothers wish to return thanks to all those who so kindly assisted them in the burial of their dead, and especially the choir and trustees of the School house at Lenox Furnace.
- Miss Jessie Ingalls has returned from a week or so visiting at Lee Centre.
- Miss Cora Buyea is absent visiting friends in New Hartford.
- Several are in attendance at the Dunham-Brewster wedding today.
- In spite of the rain and mud New Years night a company of nearly 60 assembled at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Arvis Dunham. Supper was served both afternoon and evening and the numerous wooden presents attested the good wishes of their guests.
- Mrs. Amanda Cypher has been staying a day or so at the home of John Marsh, who still remains quite sick.
- Mr. and Mrs. Hart entertained thier grandchildren, from Cazenovia, recently. NELL.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1795 visitor since 18 Jan 1999 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page