- Miss Nellie Ingals, of Lee Centre has bee spending several days among her friends here, near her old home that now lies in ruins.
- Miss Cora Buyea has returned home after a two weeks' absence in New Hartford.
- Miss Mary Doughtery's school should have closed on Wednesday last, but owing to the mild winter and the wishes of the scholars, she will continue several weeks more, ere they have a vacation. She is engaged for both terms, we believe.
- A young folks' dancing party at Merritt Eddy's, on Friday last. All enjoyed a good time.
- Mr. and Mrs. Eddy have been entertaing friends from Manlius the past week.
- Mrs. Frank Brewster and daughter made her sister, Mrs. Stone, a visit Tuesday and Wednesday last.
- Mrs. Sayles returned from her visit at Peterboro last week.
- The death of John Marsh, which occurred Jan 23, at his residence in this place, soon after the decease of Mr. Sayles, brings a double sadness in one family inthis community. The cause of Mr. Marsh death was Bright's disease. He was was 44 years of age and had resided in Merrillsville 20
years. By fair dealing and honesty he had won the respect and confidence of all who knew him and all deplore his loss. He leaves a wife, one sister living at Canastota, and a brother, at Lyons, to mourn for a kind, loving husband, and an affectionate brother. The funeral was held Sunday, Rev. W. W. Hunt, of Canastota, officiating, and the remains interred in our cemetery.
- Frank Ingals is quite sick with the prevailing malady.
- The weather is again colder, but thus far we have not had any sleighing. What little snow there is lies in drifts next to the fences. NELL.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 17 May 2011
You are our 1710 visitor since 27 Nov 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page