- Miss Nellie Harrington recently visited in Canastota and Oneida.
- Erastus Ingalls was a guest of his brother, James Ingalls, last week.
- Mrs. Georgia Clark is again quite feeble, although able to be about the house.
- Frank Moore has staked out the the ground for a new house, on the corner south of his barn. He has already purchased the stone for the foundation of J. Dunham, we believe.
- Miss Dougherty closed her school on Wednesday for a vacation until April when she will return for the twelve weeks required to finish the school year. She wished to report one pupil, Miss Nora Stoddard, who is entitled to a diploma, having passed all the studies in the eighth
grade, and several other pupils having certificates of good standing.
We would have been glad to report the standings of other schools near here, but they were not handed to us. We think Commissioner Keating's plan is excellent, as it encourages children to study to obtain a good standing in their own schools and compare favorably with other schools.
- Jennie Rouse closed her school in the Ingalls district on Tuesday, of last week, after a successful term of 16 weeks.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 14 May 2011
You are our 1801 visitor since 5 Dec 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page