- Mrs. Fred Hodges, of Oneida, spent a few days pleasantly with her parents here. Her husband came Saturday night and both returned to their home, Monday, the 18th inst.
- Mr. and Mrs. J. L. Ward entertained several friends from Oneida on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week.
- Winfield Eddy prsented his daughter, Minnie, with a new organ recently. It was purchased at Mr. Crandall's of Oneida we believe.
- Mrs. Hitchcock is visiting her grandson, D. Magowan, at present.
- Mr. and Mrs. Moon are visited her cousin, D. Stone and wife, at Oneida, last week.
- We wish to make one correction in our last. It should have read shovel brigade instead of "school" brigade.
- Mr. and Mrs. J. Henderson and daughter, Maude, Mr. and Mrs. Winchester Johnson and Mr. and Mrs. Charlie Reckard, of Peterboro, spent Saturday, with S. J. Stoddard and family.
- The people of this place enjoyed a dance at Frank Buyea's on Friday night.
- Mr. Buyea is about to move from the farm of Emerson Stone to that of William Tuttle, near Hoboken. Mr. Stone's son will occupy the house vacated and work the farm the coming year. The change will be made March 1st.
- Our school closed Friday. We believe Miss Santry is to teach the spring term and board with Morris Harrington.
- Mrs. A. Moon is absent visiting friends at Rome.
- Obadiah Strough, living west of here, suffered a stroke of paralysis Saturday night. We did not learn how serious it has proved to be.
- W.Eddy has disposed of his mustang. It did not make as good a hosre as he expected.
- John Buyea, of Cazenovia, has begun moving on the Jacob Buyea farm.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1708 visitor since 26 Nov 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page