- George Clark and wife celebrated their golden wedding March 10, at their son's, Seymour Clark, who resides on the old farm. Invitations were issued to the children and grand-children, nieces and nephews, which were quickly accepted, and they spent a pleasant day together. They presented the aged couple with a handsome and elegant easy chair to Mrs. C., and a carriage robe and blanket to him. Mrs. Clark has been in feeble health for a number of years, but she enjoyed this family gatnering very much, as her children were so thoughtful and took all care of the entertainment from her.
- Mr. and Mrs. Hart recently spent several days near Pratt's Hollow.
- Mr. and Mrs. Mason are rejoicing over the arrival of a little daughter.
- Mrs. Marsh is home again from a visit at North Bay.
- The young people enjoyed a party at Frank Buyea's, on the 18th inst., before the family moved from the Courtney house to one belonging to Mrs. Nathaniel Harrington.
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles Roantree, of Chittenango, were welcome guests of her parents here on Sunday.
- School will begin Monday next, with Miss G. Bushnell, of Bridgeport, as techer.
- Misses Bernace and Zuna Bellanger, of Clockville, were the guests of Miss Nora Stoddard on Friday last. NELL
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 17 May 2011
You are our 1776 visitor since 5 Dec 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page