- Mrs. George Clark is entertaining her niece from Michigan.
- Dell Magawn moved out of the Moore's tenement house into Morris Harrington's house yesterday, and we learn that the house vacated and blacksmith shop is rented to Mr. Helmer.
- Our school commenced to-day with Miss Emma Moore as teacher.
- W. Eddy is having some trouble with his saw mill, owing to an overplus of water.
- Farmers are beginning to look up farming utensils and getting ready for spring work, as the warm weather is ...
and unless reinforced will soon be something of the past. The good housewife begins to smile and calculate how she will make the dust fly within a week or two, but something may happen that will give us poor men a respite before the dreaded house cleaning begins.
- The roads are in bad conditions this vicinity.
- But a small amount of maple sugar will be made this spring.
- Libbie Vanderwalker has returned home.
- Frank Gault has about succeeded in getting a pension of $4 a month but will not receive a very large back pay.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 14 May 2011
You are our 1823 visitor since 31 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page