- Yesterday was a genuine March day, cold, raw, wintry, with lots of snow, then moderated until almost a rain.
- Mrs. Meribah Upham is now visiting E. Bulger's, near Oneida.
- Freeman Merrills and his wife, of Minnesota, are visiting at Morris Harrington's. They are intending to make quite a lengthy visit among relatives and friends in this vicinity we believe.
- Miss Nora Stoddard was quite pleasantly surpised on Saturday evening, March 23, by a company of her young friends, it being her thirteenth birthday, her father and mother having previosly issued invitations to eight or ten couples. Warm sugar and refreshments were served and the evening passed pleasantly in social games. She was the recipient of a handsome birthday card from her cousin, Emerson.
- Dwight Stone is having his house repainted, which improves the looks very much. Many of us ought to do likewise.
- Mrs. George Harp, of Pratt's Hollow spent a few days last week with her aged mother, Mrs. James Ingalls, who is quite feeble and under the doctor's care.
- Mr. Henry Reckard, of Oneida, visited her aunt, Mrs. William Stone.
- Frank Buyea has rented the Courtney farm and taken possession.
- Mr. Eddy's house is again vacant, owing to the sudden departure of his housekeeper.
- Miss Cora Buyea has returned from a visit to Cazenovia.
- Simon Buyea finished moving to the Suits house at Hoboken.
- Mrs. Moore does not gain as fast as her many friends wish for.
- Mrs. Frank Moon and son, Carl, have returned home from a lengthy visit to friends at Syracuse and Cleveland.
- J. Mason has rented Monroe Buyea's farm and has moved in. Mr. Buyea reserves part of the house for himself and wife.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN.
Last updated: 18 May 2011
You are our 1747 visitor since 5 Dec 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page